Are you ready for a
horror fun run? It’s not just about the usual running, it’s running for your life!!!!! 🙂 That is what Outbreak Manila is all about!
Inspired by Run For Your Lives, Outbreak Manila adds a whole new twist to the typical 5km run. Our goal is to come up with a race that stands out from all the rest by giving people a cause that they would really run for. And what better cause can there be than to run as if your life depended on it?
This time you aren’t just running against time or obstacles. But you’ll also be running from FLESH EATING ZOMBIES.
Brace yourselves. The Outbreak is upon us.
Date: April 14, 2012
Venue: Nuvali, Sta. Rosa, Laguna
Registration starts on March 2, 2012.
How Much? P700.00
You may register as a RUNNER or as a ZOMBIE! How cool is that? 😀
Register as a Runner at:
- Mall of Asia
- The Block
- Alabang Town Center
- Bonifacio High Street
- Before the race, you will be given a belt with 3 flags attached to it. These flags represent your health.
- During the race, zombies will be scattered across the course to eat your brains… err get those flags. One zombie can only get one flag from you.
- Any physical contact (punching, kicking, scratching, tackling, spitting, hadukens, flash kicks, etc ) between zombies and runners will strictly not be permitted.
- Throwing objects of any kind are also not permitted. May it be rocks, branches, sand or even dirt.
- Violators of these rules will be escorted out of the premises with no refunds
- There will be obstacles in the course where you can choose to go through to attain additional health flags.
- There will be instances where you have to choose either the easy way, or the horde way
Easy way – less zombies but longer
Horde way – more zombies but shorter
- Upon crossing the finish line, you need at least one health flag intact in order to be eligible for prizes. Should you lose all your health flags, you are still allowed to finish the race and your time will be recorded but you shall be considered “dead” and no longer be eligible for prizes.
- If you find yourself out of health flags, you are not considered a zombie and are not allowed to start pulling at other runner’s flags.
WHAT YOU’RE UP AGAINST?
- There will be walkers, runners, and even crawlers. But don’t worry, Zombies will not be allowed to make physical contact with runner other than in attempting to pull a health flag.
- Likewise, runners are not allowed to make direct physical contact with Zombies. Weapons and other devices for self-defense will be strictly prohibited inside the course. Marshalls will be around the area to keep watch. Violators (Runners and zombies alike) will immidiately be disqualified, escorted out of the premises without refunds and will be handed over to security for detainment.
- Don’t taunt the zombies. They had feelings too (once in their previous life). So play nice and just keep running. Remember: the goal is to get out ALIVE.
- The course will contain challenging terrain. But there will be water and medical stations along the way to help you survive the outbreak
- There will also be several man made obstacles scattered in the course where you can get additional health flags